Five Highly Effective Sprinkler System Watering Tips
A healthy, green lawn needs about 1 – 1 1/12 inches of water per week. The best, most effective way to get your lawn the water it needs is to use a sprinkler system. A working sprinkler system will save you time, water, and money. A good test of your watering levels is to stick a six-inch screwdriver into your grass. If you cannot get the full length of the screwdriver into the ground, you are not watering enough. Below are five of our effective watering tips.
- Install a smart watering timer – A smart timer can save you time, water, and money by watering your lawn with the exact amount of water it needs. No more, no less. Our recommended smart timer is Skydrop, a local company with an innovative timer design. If you’d like us to install a Skydrop timer for you, give us a call!
- Water deeply 2-3 times a week instead of daily – This will require your grass to develop a long root system, making it stronger and healthier.
- Water early in the morning – Watering in the heat of the day will cause some of the water to evaporate, thus wasting precious water. If you water in the mornings, less evaporation will occur, thus effectively using as little water as possible.
- Install a rain or moisture sensor – A rain or moisture sensor can shut off your sprinkler system when it is not needed due to weather, and save you from wasting water.
- Check your sprinkler system routinely – Insuring that your system is fully functioning is incredibly important. If there are any problems with your system, it can cause dry spots and ruin the look of your beautiful lawn. If you need a repair done on your system, we can help! Contact us!
And remember, a broken sprinkler is a huge waste of water. You could lose hundreds of gallons from just one broken sprinkler1. If you have a busted sprinkler, don’t hesitate to call us! Contact us here: https://saltlake.utahsprinklermaster.repair/contact-us/
Sprinkler Master (Salt Lake City, UT)
WE FIX SPRINKLERS!